Have you noticed your smile isn’t as dazzling as it can be? Do you wish there was a way to restore the natural whiteness your teeth had when you were younger? Teeth whitening services from Apilado Family Dentistry may be able to help.
What Causes Teeth Discoloration?
There are many factors that can dim your teeth’s natural brightness. The most common are:
- Food and drink – Abrasive substances like coffee, tea and red wine can stain your enamel, as well as weaken it.
- Tobacco use – Nicotine and tar stain your teeth, causing a gray or yellowish tinge on your teeth
- Trauma – Teeth that were injured can sometimes change color as a result of internal damage.
- Medications – Certain medications are known to cause tooth discoloration.
- Age – Despite good oral hygiene, tooth do tend to become discolored naturally over time.
Professional Teeth Whitening Is More Effective
While there are many at home tooth whitening remedies out here, Apilado Family Dentistry knows that nothing will compare to a professional office whitening session.
Often called “chair-side teeth bleaching”, dentists use whitening procedures that are more sophisticated and effective than do it yourself remedies.
Who Can Take Advantage Of Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is not for everyone, as it is not effective on certain types of staining or discoloration. Teeth whitening will not work on caps, veneers, crowns or fillings. In addition, if your tooth discoloration is a result of medication or tooth injury, you may want to look into other options, such as veneers, to correct the problem.
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
In-office teeth whitening one of two teeth bleaching agents: either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. These bleaching agents break down the stains into smaller pieces, allowing your teeth to look brighter after just one visit.
While your teeth will look whiter and brighter, be aware that teeth whitening is in no way an alternative to regular brushing. Regular brushing and flossing, along with regular professional cleanings is the most important aspect in maintaining your dental health.
Want to add some bright into your smile? Call Apilado Family Dentistry today! We’re proud to provide professional teeth whitening services in El Paso.